


Well Tuesday night was the UB40 Concert in Cape Town and whilst they are not maybe everyones cup of tea, I absolutely love UB40, I dont listen to them all the time, but they bring back such great memories of me growing up in Durban and Standard 5 when their Labour of Love II album was such a hit with "Wear you to the Ball" "Homely Girl" Cherri O Baby" etc. Well we arrived at Ratanga Junction my sister and I, at about 5:45pm and joined Clive already in the Golden Circle queue and didnt wait much time at all before we started moving forward. What a mixture of people, oldies, youngies, rastas etc. We got to be quite close to the front, about 3 rows to be exact. and had a great view. Concerts are a funny thing, people push, moan, smoke when it clearly says "NO SMOKING" - it was a UB40 concert were the organizers smoking something when they tried to implement that?
What with fights breaking out and two reggae mad chicks in front of us who were confused I think as they were head banging basically, this is not a heavy metal band - hello! Anyway a great time was had by all - they were really FANTASTIC they are so good live which not all bands are. The african guy with the dreadlocks (forget his name) who sings Rat in mi Kitchen was really so good these days new pop stars just use digital special effects to make the sound effects but he was doing them himself. Favourites of the night was definitely Rat in mi Kitchen, Red Red Wine, Here I am Baby, Homely Girl, Kingston Town and The Way you do the things you Do. actually they were all great. Now I just have Celine Dion to long forward to in February next year with my mont - at Vergelegen Wine Estate in Somerset West which I think will be stunning.
Have a great weekend all xxxx


2 comments:
sounds great nicci. nothing like a good concert and good fun to brighten your mood.
many will mock me but I am with you with Celine Dion. also Vergelegen is one of my favorite wine farms. That sounds like an amazing night. I would be joining you if I was there. sadly I think only you and me like her. I get ragged from a dizzy height for my musical choices. I am loving the new take that song patience.... just dont tell anyone
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Lily apparently loves reggae so we will have to play my UB40 CD when she is here and dance around her. We all love Celine Dion but I missed the boat for the tickets which is a shame as I thought that would be a nice Xmas pressie for Peter. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love Nana Fi xxx
Post a Comment