Those in the know, know that Clive and I attend church regularly and are committed Christians. I am quite excited that our church Assemblies of God in Edgemead soon to be known as Edge Church is launching a worthwhile campaign in the middle of August - 40 days of Community. What will happen is that each church group - we belong to one which has 12 people in it - which most of our friends know we refer to as "Small Group" or our "Cell Group", will be getting involved in their choice of a Social Action Group for 40 days (with the view that it will continue), so that we can give of our time to those less fortunate. With one of our meetings last night, we are all brimming with ideas and things that could be done, there are so many out there who have so much need. Some of the ideas are:
Soup Kitchen Run on a either a week night or Friday night for the homeless children
Help for new mothers / abandoned babies with a small starter pack of essentials at state hospitals or clinics
Raising funds with a Womens Breakfast to donate to a charity or help fund the above
What we need to do is action something so for now we are brainstorming and coming up with ideas but am really looking forward to it as we all know of the plight out there but our own lives take over and it is forgotten. It will be great to give back to those that have so much less than we do.
So wish us luck with finding the correct cause and will keep you all updated!
xxx
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


3 comments:
I think that's wonderful - every little bit we do helps - and hey let me know if I can contribute in any way
xxxx
I also think that is great Nicci. There are so many people in need and as ron said every bit helps.
xxx
That is wonderful Nicci, If we could all just give a little of our time or money to those less fortunate the world would be a better place. At the church where I go to weight watchers/ baby clinic/ toddler group they also did that and raised money doing stuff like come and have your car washed for a donation and they screened a movie and you could gib ve what you wanted. I think they had a curry night thing as well and I read recently that people were veryt generous. I think the starter pack for new mums and the spup kitchen idea are fab. they all sound good.
good lck with it
Post a Comment