Anyone out there experienced numbness in the upper thigh - apparently it can be a sciatica nerve problem - I am only 12 weeks and seems a bit early for this to me? Am going to ask my Gynae, but am interested to know if anyone out there knows or has experienced this themselves? Caroline, any yoga excercises that may help?
x
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


4 comments:
Sciatica that is. Caroline did lots of twists but she can give you a more detailed desciption. if you keep an eye on it you can keep it at bay. Pain in the hip joint is a diffrent story that can be spd which Nicola Urquart has /had
numbness is quite common nix as the uterus begins to push on nerves and stuff. just take it easy and do some mild yoga
Its all so exciting you are going to love being pregnant its not all wierd sensations some of them are lovely
xxx
HI Nicci.Yes it does sound like sciatica. I suffered from it very early on in pregnancy and 1st time around thought it was cramp in my bum and then went down my leg. I asked my physio what to do if it surfaces and all she said was to change position immediately so to rectify it.Try not to limp as this can make it worse and cause other issues. I have no yoga advice but it does go away and as long as you sit,stand ,walk and sleep with a GOOD POSTURE it does go away.Hope this helps
Nicola-cheeky monkeys mum
hi nix yes i think it's sciatica caroline also suffered with this quite a lot so i am sure when she is done feeding amy in like 9 months and has a break she will reply with yoga moves!!! ;)
Hi Nicci
Sorry I am only replying now. Lying down twists are the way to go when you have sciatica and in all honesty about the only thing that works. I am going to send you an email with more specific info on how to remedy pregnancy problems with yoga. I just need to put the info down and then will send it off. Nicola, if you would like it as well, let me know - just email caroline@pranahealing.com.
I wish you well and all the best in this exciting pregnancy.
ps: I was also in 2 minds as to whether or not to find out the sex, but was really excited and glad we did as it helped me prepare for Amy.
Post a Comment