Yesterday saw our second scan for bean as we have affectionally been calling "it". Our appointment was for 10:15, so I left work at about 10 and luckily only had to wait 15 minutes as opposed to the normal half an hour behind schedule. I was a bit apprehensive as I lay down on the bed as you never know waht to expect, is everything still going to be ok etc.
Well a few seconds later there was baby, a lot bigger than what we had seen a mere 5 weeks ago! The scan was absolutely amazing we saw so much, we could see the vertebrae, hand bones, jaw bone, as well as the body and head so clearly now. (Well as clear as you can get on those sonor scans...ladies who have had them know what I mean). We had asked her if she thought we/her (we didnt know what the hell to look for!), would be able to see the sex of the baby, at 14 and half weeks. She actually said no she did think so as they dont like to speculate so early as it can sometimes be mis-diagonised due to the genitals being swollen, that I girls 'thing' can be mistaken for a boys 'thingy'. Anyway she asked what I thought it may be, and I said I didnt have a strong feeling either way (although I will share with you deep deep down I had a slight inkling that it would be a boy-but didnt want to voice this). I told her that Clive had a strong feeling it was a girl....why you ask? Because April is a 'girly' month he tells me! Never mind the fact that I am quite sure males have been born in the month of April.
So Marie our Doctor has a look and she says 'hmmm well your husband's intuition is...... wrong!" She said it's definitely a BOY, it was quite obvious where willy and two accompaning balls were, and showed us on the monitor. Well now that we knew what to look for of course it is obvious, you also need to know where on earth the angle of the sonar is. Wow how much more real it makes it, I must say I am so much more excited that I know what the sex is, I think than if I had not found out. So little Joshua will be making his way into the world....Doc better not say next time it is a girl all of a sudden...me thinks I will ask again just to be sure. She said though she felt 99.5% confident and we could go out and buy blue if we wanted, as it was quite 'prominent', I am sure Clive had a huge grin on his face, but could not see as Doctor was in the way.
Other comments she made about our baby boy:
He has a cute nose
He has long legs and nice calves
He has a brain - hahaha - had to put this in...
He is a thinker, his one hand was always on the side of his head as if he was thinking of course I said that is just like his mom
So overall, everything is well and we are so excited!
Happy Friday all from the Lammer family - it was just the two of us now it will be the three of us!
xxxx
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


6 comments:
YAY! Another little boy!! They're so cute and you're going to love watching them grow and develop - it explains so much about how men end up the way they do. Me thinks Caroline & Craig's little Amy's going to have her fair choice of men one day...
Congratulations, very excited for you and Clive xxx
I am SO pleased that you are having a little boy! I agree with Susie. From a female perspective, it is the most amazing thing - watching a little boy grow. When I found out I was having a boy, everyone who had boys told me how wonderful it would be... and I am not sure I believed them. Now I know it's true!! It truly is wonderful to be a little boy's mommy!
Yay Yay a little boy. Joshua is a lovely name. I have no idea about little boys but I do know that children are a blessing that bring you great joy and being ones mummy is a very special thing.
Hey Susie, lily could have Joshua if she wanted a toy boy ;)
Congrats to both of you Nicci.
xxx
That is great news Nicci, however, a word of warning. Andrew and his fiancee were told they were having a boy and we all went out and bought boy clothes etc for Xmas last year and they had mad a mistake and they had a little girl, so before you buy things, wait for the next scan. It is all so exciting for you. Hope to see you soon. Fiona
Congratulations Nicci!!! I am so excited for you and Clive. I must say I had a feeling it was a boy :) I agree that finding out the sex makes it feel more real and exciting. I love the name Joshua as well, although by the time you get to the birth you may change your mind, as that tends to happen. Don't worry too much about her getting the sex wrong as although it can happen (as Fiona said) it is more likley to be incorrect the other way around (saying it is a girl and it is a boy).
take care and enjoy buying some blue xxx
Hell, you know what...girls are great too.
It's amazing to watch girls grow too, and they are also cute. and they are also wonderful to have around. what's with you ladies ( Suzie and Pia) out there???
Is there a competition going on that I don't know about?
Perhaps we women are not as liberated as we would like to think!
Is male still better?
Post a Comment