Wednesday, April 01, 2009

1st Birthday











Ok so this post is late, but have been meaning to post it for the last couple of days.
Joshua had his 1st Birthday party and it was a lovely day. It was warm, there were plenty of children and this pregnant mom was actually quite exhausted as I had not slept well the night before. I had so badly wanted to make Joshua cupcakes with no. 1's on them but when it got to the night before (I had bought the ingredients and everything) and it was 7:30pm and I was still doing some party packs - I just couldn't face baking on top of that. So he didnt get them and I will live with the mommy guilt until the next party.

He was so spoilt and was finished by the end of it, so was I as I had a serious puking attack after the party - due to the heat probably and the running around and a particularly horrendous nappy that Josh had done which just set me off, so was feeling very sorry for myself.

I feel as though the nausea is tapering off and not quite as severe still feel ill a bit but not as bad.

On Josh's actual birthday the family went through to The Barnyard which I had heard of through Catherine for some tea and scones and for Josh to have a bit of a play. Catherine and Max joined us and we had a nice time, though to be honest there were more pigeons there than any farm animals :-) Clive and I took the day off for this as I have decided and hope that I can stick to it that Josh will not spend a birthday alone with a nanny and without me until he starts school. Although now I will have another 'birthday' that will have to be off for too at least the months will be far apart i.e. March and September.

So that is me for now work is busy, we are in the process of all that goes along with selling a home and starting in a brand new one again and have daily work so life is busy but we are blessed so till next time.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Well done, hope you're feeling better! Sounds like Josh had a fab birthday!!

Sue x

 
Designed by Lena