In between all of that I have celebrated my 31st Birthday on Good Friday, had Joshua's first Easter and had my 17 week scan yesterday where my gynae gave us the good news. I think Clive is very proud he is having a girl, and I am so pleased to be blessed with both a boy and a girl. I could not believe how she has grown and she has the longest legs ever, Josh had muscular legs which you could even see on the scan but she has such long legs, I am still amazed that I have not felt movement yet, though apparently the placenta is quite thick under my nerves by my tummy and that is why. All is well and is as it should be, the next scan will be our foetal assesment scan which is the big one they do to check organs etc. Also had to have blood tests yesterday to check iron levels etc. as am feeling drained and tired, but something tells me that is more to do with being a mom to a toddler already....
So Hannah it is then, she has been Hannah since I was pregnant the first time, it is strange as we did not even have a boys name and I strongly felt I was having a girl, I didnt want to be too vocal as didnt want to jinx it or convince myself as that is what I wanted. But in any event I feel incredibly blessed. It is as if she was always meant to be we were just waiting for her to arrive, if that makes any sense. So now I will begin the process of going through the clothes I kept of Joshua's see if anything is unisex and I will more than likely donate the rest to Ubuntu House in Goodwood a home for babies. I cant believe I will soon be at the halfway mark of this pregnancy, it is really flying by.
We also said goodbye to Jack and Tanya who were down from the UK for a month - although didnt spend half as much time with them as I would have liked it was still great to meet him and catch up with Tanya. Am posting some pics of them and of Josh on Easter Sunday at home, he had the tiniest taste of the chocolate egg, but that was it this mommy is strict on chocolate and sweet stuff.
Wishing you all a enjoyable rest of the week and hurry up Friday!
Josh on the Hunt (not like it was really hard)


3 comments:
congatulations... I had a feeling it would be a girl!
I am so glad that I was right for a change... soooo excited that your little Hannah is doing so well in your comfy warm womb. Hope we see you on the weekend - I still have your pressie xx
I am so excited for you Nicci as I know you wanted a girl. Obviosuly I am a bit biased, but I think girls are wonderful! Enjoy buying all the pretty things xxx
ps: Love the name Hannah by the way
Post a Comment