Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fathers Day



To my husband and the father of my little boy and little girl "to be". Happy Fathers Day. I know it was on Sunday and today is Wednesday but nevertheless wanted to preserve the day on my blog. Thank you for being an 'involved' dad, thank you for loving your son, thank you for the help you give me. I know I complain a lot and expect a lot of you but you truly are a wonderful dad to your son and love him so much. We are in for a rocky but adventurous ride ahead with the second child on the way and am sure that she is going to enlarge your capacity to love and that she will be daddy's little princess. Happy Fathers Day.
p.s. hope you enjoyed your fathers day present of playing golf the whole day :-)

Got these via email and though they were sweet.

A dad is someone who catches you when you fall, then picks you up, brushes you off and tells you to try again.
A dad is someone who wants to keep you from making mistakes but instead tells you to find your own way and make your own decisions.
A dad is someone who will hold you when you cry, shines with pride when you succeed and has faith in you even when you fail.
A dad’s life is sometimes very busy, but he always makes time to help you with your homework or to just play a fun game before bedtime.
A dad boldly faces the ups and downs of life and encourages the family that everything will be fine.
A dad is a superhero in the eyes of their children.

"Walk a little slower, Daddy,”
Said a little child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps,

And I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,

Sometimes they're hard to see;

So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,

You're what I want to be;

Then I will have a little child

Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,

And know that I was true
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,

For I must follow you."

2 comments:

Cheeky Monkey's Mum said...

Hiya
Hope you are feeling a bit better and managing to get a little break now and then. Beautiful pics of Joshua. He will be a great big brother.
Nicola

Anonymous said...

Loved your Fathers' Day post. Dads are sometimes so undervalued, aren't they? Yet they are great, toiling away, doing their best, not always understanding us, their women, but carrying on nevertheless!
And let me tell you, with my kids now 33 and 31, Dads never let go. That's what is so great about them!

 
Designed by Lena