Well to those that actually visit my blog this post is long overdue...in fact I willnever fit in 2 months of missed news but will attempt to brief you as to where I have been. As I mentioned in my last post I was revelling in the time off with my kids, still being on maternity leave. Boy do I miss it. (I'll get there for those of you who dont know what I am on about). But first things first ... the thing that I was most annoyed with myself for not blogging was documenting Hannah's growth and milestones as I did Josh's - unfortunately yet again another example of 2nd child syndrome..you know dont take as many photos, etc, etc. Well I am endevouring on the photo side and video side to keep up, inbetween life it is sometimes hard to blog as much as I would like to.
Hannah Audrey-Rose Lamarina - watch that name because I think she is going to have a bright future ahead of her. I know that all moms think the world of their children - as they should - but just have a feeling about this little girl of mine. She is the most amazing baby and if I had known her character as I now do I think I would have changed her second name to "Joy" - she is without a doubt the source of so much Joy..she is the happiest baby I have ever come across, happily smiling and cooing at anyone and everyone, she sleeps through the night, she giggles at her brother and her milestones are miles ahead of the milestones. She is one smart cookie so far. I knew, (Clive wasn't so sure) that you would love both your children, but I wasnt quite prepared for how the bond has grown with Hannah. Her birth was so quick it almost didnt register I didnt have the same overflow of tears with her as I did with Josh when he was born, but she has crept right into my heart and it grows and grows and grows every day, it is a protective love fierce and proud. She comes into a generation of strong woman on both sides of the family and I can already see her assert those traits.
She is now 5 months, no longer a baby baby, she stiffens her arms and lifts her chest she rolls over from back to tummy all the time and back again, she is trying her utmost to crawl she just hasnt got her momentum yet but any day now I am sure we will see it. She sees Clive and I from a distance and grins from ear to ear and babbles away. She has just discovered her hands and stares at them and laughs holding them in front of her face, sometimes as though she is reaching up for the stars. She is the most precious thing ever and I miss being with her in the day terribly, I cant believe my maternity leave is once again over and that all that 'newness' of a baby is gone again and now quite understand those that feel broody...not that I am .. I am most definitely NOT. But I want to hold onto that stage a bit longer than what we have, time waits for no-one least of all the moms of the world - babies grow we grow it is life - it is unstoppable - I suppose that is what memories are for unravelling the precious moments and reliving them.
Well onto an explanation to those as to why my blogs and facebook have been relatively quiet. I went back to work in January and on second day that I was back at work, I was retrenched. Which I had suspected was going to come sometime this year, the company has downsized considerably and marketing is usually the first to be cut - in any event it is something that came as no surprise and I had been trusting God for His hand upon my future as I had not been happy at my job for quite sometime. Unbelievably I now have a new job and it is demanding and hectic as I am now the NKOTB (for those fans that still are out there..New Kid on the Block) so it about re-establishing relationships / learning again, but it is going really well so far and I am happy..yes I miss my kids terribly - yes I want to have my cake and eat it by both working and being at home, but for right now this is where I believe God wants me and am trusting in Him. At the end of the day I need to put a roof over the heads of my children and feed them and we cannot make do on one salary to look after both kids so I have to work. My hope is that I will be able to have much more flexibility and /or work from home by the time they start Primary School so that I can be home for them then.
So yes life has been busy and up and down and I have still visited the other blogs from time to time - and hope now that I have finally done this post I can get back to my regular blogging. Here are a few updated pics.
Nix
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


2 comments:
what a lot of news. I cant believe that re the job. I am so happy you found something new that you are liking as if you have t leave your children you want to be happy in the job that keeps that roof over your head. Happy happy for you
Hannah and Josh are 2 peas in a pod. they look so alike its unbelievable. As for Hannah you may have noticed I was quite taken wit her, she is such a chilled happy baby I think she is beautiful and I am glad she is bringing you so much joy.
enjoy your beautiful children and all the new exciting changes Nix
thinking of you
xxxx
Wends
love the NKOTB reference. aaahhh my youth
She is really beautiful Nicci and of course Joshua with those big beautiful eyes is just gorgeous. Enjoy them, for a you rightly say time just marches by so very quickly. Fi xxx
Post a Comment