Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Parties

Parties Parties Parties are all around us... Joshua went to a party on the weekend in this sweltering heat ... 38 degrees on Sunday.. the poor parents. The kids were hot and bothered, the birthday boy was crying and miserable, and the jumping castle lay there untouched. It was just simply too hot to move never mind jump. It was Joshua's friend from his creche and Sarah, Veronica and Steven's daughter was also there .. Josh, Matthew and Sarah are the 3 musketeers apparently. Though Matthew was in the 'its my party and I'll cry if I want to' mood.
But parties are all around at the moment, and most importantly to me .. Joshua's 2nd Birthday,  and on the top of my to do list as my 'little' boy is turning 2 so I am in full party planning mode. Phew it is hard work and finding the time now that I am a working mum again is tough. His theme is going to be Noddy as he absolutely loves Noddy so I being the organizer that I am had already bought a few things for the party whilst I was still on maternity leave. Now it is just sorting out the finer details like party food / following up on rsvps, getting ingridients for goodies, packing the actual party packs etc. and then the set up on the day. It reminded me of Josh's birthday last year when I was already 3 months pregnant with Hannah - who on Joshua's birthday will be exactly 6 months. It was not the best party I felt hot and bothered and nauseaus and as is the case running around trying to talk to everyone there, see to my child and ensure there is cooldrink/food replenished etc. This year I am going to make a concious effort to be more with Josh on the day..sit with him, play with him and to hell with those needing another glass...go get it yourself..lol that is so not me but I will try :-) . my lasting memory of Joshua's party was me throwing up 5 minutes after everyone had left, mostly due to all day sickness but also due to the running around and stress of the day. You see I am a stressor, I am getting better at it though and learning to let go a lot but I am a perfectionist and like things to go ..'just so'.
So this birthday Josh's second I am planning to enjoy and although I am hiring some stuff from a party place have always believed in doing some home made stuff, you know those party things we had as children.. the racing cars with jelly tots for wheels, ice cream cone upside down clowns, all those yummy home made goodies... so hopefully I will get the energy to do that and attempt a couple of things.Any relatively easy 'bakey' thing ideas that have a relation to Noddy would be appreciated.
I cannot believe he is going to be 2 .... sigh sigh sigh .... Father time just marches along and us mothers grasp at the time like 'sands through the hourglass'. 
Here are some pics of the sweltering party which was a combination of Winnie the Pooh and Soccer ... Our saving grace, Clive Steve and I was the ice lollys that thank goodness the parents had stocked up from Gattis. Note to self: go to Gattis and stock up just in case!
x

4 comments:

Wendy said...

firstly I love the pics. but you know that already. geez it was hot those poor ittle munchkins are so hot and bothered.
so Josh will be 2. where has the time gone? the party sounds fab. wish we were coming. noddy ideas. sweeties in noddy hat paper cones. noddy car sandwiches with a car cutter. or make a noddy car bicci red with yellow smarties for wheels? I think the car and the noddy hat are important LOL
and of course the cone clown in fab.and ice creams!! yum
cant wait to see how it pans out. good luck planning and remember. you wont remember that you got so and so a glass of wine but you will remember your babies having fun so...let them get their own drinks. 2 words..ice bucket.
xxx

purpleronnie said...

Can't wait for his birthday - I remember so clearly when he was born and I was three months pregnant with Sarah, now we both have two - my gosh it really does fly hey. Totally agree with Wends, the people there love you and don't care about you being the perfect hostess - as long as the cake is good hehe... xx

Sue said...

Oh shame!! It was too hot to do anything, they should've put the sprinklers on... We weren't much better, we had planned a lunch time braai and don't have a pool at our new house. It was terrible.

Enjoy the party planning, I can't believe Joshua's turning 2! Jake's nearly 6 though, so I know only too well how quickly it all goes...

Susan X

Unknown said...

It all sounds wonderful and I loved those photos, especially the one of him in the ball pit!

 
Designed by Lena