Thursday, April 24, 2008

One Month Old Today


Exactly a month ago Joshua was born ... where has the month gone, already a month off my 4 month maternity leave. Oh how I wish I could stay at home with my boy! Yes infomercials and Days of Our Lives can get a bit much, but I dont want to miss a thing. Then there is the daunting task of finding someone to take care of him. We are in the process of interviewing nannies and it is not going as smoothly as expected, perhaps my expectations are a bit high, but it is an important task leaving him in the care of somone that I actually dont really know. I am hoping to find someone by end of May so I can have a full two months with them.

The days fly by as I am still breastfeeding which is hugely demanding but also quite a bonding experience, it is just me and Joshua in the wee hours of the morning as I let Clive sleep as he has work the next day. I should actually be sleeping now (while he is) instead of trying to update my blog but hey it has been two weeks already since Clive posted pics and I turned 30. Well that was an uneventful day, could not do much for my 30th so saving it for a bit later and Clive and I will celebrate then. Though as Veronica points out, there are lots of celebrations happening all round at the moment. Cant wait to meet little Sarah Cobley, attend Wendy and Kristians wedding and watch my little boy grow more and more each day. I love him to bits and sometimes want to squeeze him and squeeze him but shame then I would squash him hee hee.

Motherhood is the best thing that has ever happened to me... cant wait to do it again... actually can wait a year or two and hopefully give Joshua a little sister.

xxx

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh Nicci he is looking so cute. Now that you have sort of settled into a routine, I would love to come and visit the three of you. Hope to see you soon. And by the way congrats on your 30th, funny how a baby makes everything else in life seem insignificant hey? Fiona

Wendy said...

Yay. but we need more pics. I have bothered Clove about it already hee hee
You sound as though you are doing fantastically. Time just flies by so try and savour it. It must be so difficult to pick someone to look after him. I do hope you get someone good soon. This mothering is addictive , happy , joyous, emotional, tiring and thrilling
its the best
xxx
take care

purpleronnie said...

First I just want to ask, who is Clove?? Hehehehehehe!

Glad you're doing well. I am sure you will find someone perfect.

Will come pop round tomorrow.
xx

Cheeky Monkey's Mum said...

I agree, can't wait to see more pics . We must be spoilt in the UK having 12 months maternity leave. Enjoy every moment, I'm sure you will and hope you find a good nanny soon.

Sue said...

Time does fly and I can't believe that I'm busy planning Jake's 4th birthday. Or that he wants a remote control helicopter, lego, a skate board and computer games for his birthday. Enjoy every second (it seems you are)!!

Lots of love,
Sue xxx

PS. We need lots more photos!! He's so cute!

PiaG said...

Hello!!

More pics please!!!

Glad you are enjoying motherhood!!

 
Designed by Lena