I just woke up
Hello Everybody... I am smiling now
Hi all, Joshua is almost 8 weeks this coming Monday, and time for the dreaded vaccinations. Thanks so much to Wendy and Carolines posts on tips, I've found them both very interesting and informative. Any advice on the vaccinations, Joshua is going for his 6-in-1 next week and am not looking forward to it and think I may cry! Otherwise he is doing really well and is over 5kg by now as his last weigh in at the paedtrician he was 5kg with no clothes on.
Shame she really preformed some not so nice tests on him, knocking on his knees to see the reflexes now I know it is necessary but shame he did not like it.
I am trying to load a lot of pics on the site but we only have dial up at home and is proving very tedious so will have to try and get to an adsl line to do this as I end up getting very frustrated.
Still no luck on the nanny front as yet, I have seen a place in the area called Babies Exclusive and they look after babies exclusively to 18 months but have only been open since January it looks nice from the outside and sounds nice, but am only keeping it at the back of mind as a last resort. And would need to go and have a look.
Yesterday was my check up with my gynae who did not deliver my baby :-) All those visits only for her to be away on bladdy holiday. So now I go and have her check out my 'birth canal' and get told i have to have a papsmear, wasnt expecting that! But anyway all is well and cut is healed nicely and my uterus has shrunk and gone back to whence it came and is probably all ready for another baby. Which is why I asked her to put me on the pill thank you very much. Not that I want to go back on the pill as dont think it is very good for you, but whilst breastfeeding is not a contraceptive and you are at your most fertile just after giving birth, dont think my body could take a shock like that! However am dying to have a little girl, but in the meantime will just enjoy waiting for Sarah Cobley to arrive and then start working on that a little later.
The days just fly by and wish I could freeze time, but on the other hand love all the new things that start to appear the smiles, recognition of my face, gurgling and coos. Bless his little heart this mom is so in love!
Hope these pics load
love Nicci
Here are some pics to keep all our friends near and far updated with our little precious angel.
Love The Lammers
xxx


5 comments:
Wow I can't believe how much Joshua has changed. He is gorgeous and I can now see mummy in him. He looked totally like Clive when he was born and I think he still looks like him asleep but awake like mummy now. With regard to immunisations, be strong and try not to be scared or show Joshua you are worried, buy baby panado for just in case and breast feed baby as soon after as possible as this will take away the pain for baby and soothe them by sucking.
Good luck.
He's changed so much already and he's really grown so much. I'm dying to see him sometime, we must try catch up.
Agree that you don't want to rush into having another baby just yet, but also don't wait too long - I can't imagine how much life would change if I added another kid into the mix now.
XXX
Hi Nicci
your son is really too beautiful, a lovely combination of his mom and dad. Vaccinations are not great I agree, but I found an angel in my doctor, he is Dr Dippenaar and his practice is there in Table View, Raats Drive, he is a homeopath and GP so he can prescribe antibiotice if it is needed, but in my case have never needed to put Rowan on it as the homeopathic remedies have always done the trick. So if you can try go and see him and he will give you homeopathic remedies to give to Joshua before each vaccination to negate most of the negative side effects and he will also advice you as to which vaccines are important and which aren't as there are so many of them these days. His contact details are as follows: 021 557 1156
Take care and enjoy your little man and take those tablets :-)
Love
Suzaan
Oh man he is toooooo cute for words. He looks very content and happy. The vacs are always horrid but as you say necessary. They soon forget with a kiss and a cuddle so don't worry. I hope you get a good nanny. They are wonderful and he can remain in the comforts of his home. Love Nana Fi xxxx
Joshua is a darling - he is too cute and growing so nicely. Yes i agree that one wants to freeze time and yet also enjoys all the new developments. I think you feel like that until they leave home!
Ditto on the advice from Nicola and Suzaan regarding vaccinations. I only had to give Amy baby panado after her second lot of vaccines which for some reason gave her a temp, otherwise she was fine. I always took Amy early in the morning when the clinic was quiet and not busy which also helps and comforted her immediately afterwards. It is really horrible when they cry but it usually doesn't last long - they are strong little things, babies. I would also give Amy reiki before and after a vaccine, so you just give him some loving touch. xxx
Post a Comment