When you going to take me out this chair mom?
Motherhood has highs and lows and the other day I was at a low. Joshua my little angel was not being an angel! He has started to wake again for the 10 / 11 pm feed and I am feeling seriously sleep deprived again, he does not adhere to the so called 4 or even 3 hourly feed pattern and it is more like every 2 and a half hours. Those that have breast fed know that the period between feeds starts from the time you 'start a feed' so for example 9am start - next feed is at 12 or 1, well some feeds only end at 10 or 10:15 and then he wants to feed again at 11:30, which does not leave room for me to do anything. Not to mention to worry what will happen with the nanny when he is at home with her. So I will speak to the breasfeeding clinic again as it is probably a growth spurt again as he will be 12 weeks on Monday and due for his next set of jabs. (shame) I was lucky last time he was fine that day and the next but the day after was miserable no fever though so am hoping that it will be the same this time round. It looks like though sadly that when I go back to work I am going to have to supplement his day feedings with formula as I just cannot express enough for 3 feeds in the day so am hoping that he wont go off my breast once I introduce him to formula. So therein lies another whole new chapter and learning curve with formula bottles etc, which I am not used to, how much, side effects, storing etc, all new things to learn.
Oh yes, good news, I have found a nanny she must still meet clive and she will be on a trial basis for 3 months (probationary period). Her name is Meriam and so far so good, she is 40 and is a african mama who has her own 2year old boy (and 2 older boys) and was just great with him, singing to him and picking him up, and is so jacked around the house. She worked for a family for 5 years in Melkbos who are moving to JHB and she is not going with as her family is here, she is initally from Bloemfontein and speaks really nicely. So fingers crossed everyone that she is THE ONE. Must say that is a relief that I have made some progress there. Other than that life with Joshua is so precious and he is growing so quickly that I cant keep up and am trying to mentally savour all the moments I have with him. Secretly cant wait to have another one, crazy I know but really would love a little girl, and dont want to be 36 or older when I am pregnant again.
This last month and half of Maternity Leave will be really eventful lots happening and lots of friends down, Wendy and Lily arrive, Sarah Cobley will be arriving and another friend from Qtar Kelly arrives so we will be having a busy month and a bit.
We also had Max's 1st birthday party last week (Joshua's 2nd party in the same amount of weeks) Max is too cute for words and has a lovely facial expression that I am going to try upload on the blog with our ridiculously slow internet connection.
Motto for today: Life is great, Life is precious, look to and hold onto those things that matter most to you and ignore the rest.
Have a great weekend and Fathers day especially to Clive who will be celebrating his first !
xxx


2 comments:
happy fathers day Clivey!!!
There are ups and downs with babies . more ups than downs , granted but they can be hard. Your growth spurts should slow a bit now and as soon as weaning begins it all gets better so dont worry. Even if it happens with the nanny its only a day or 2 and he will take more feed and there you go. I am sure it will all work out with your nanny. she sounds fab. sterilizing and formula is not hard once you are in a routine and I am sure he will take formula in the day and feeds in the early morning and night.Its all a learning curve/thinking of you and Joshua . Lily and I will see you soon . can we come play?
xxx
Wends
Hope you are feeling better Nicci. It was nice having coffee with you and I hope we managed to cheer you up. Sleep deprivation is the worst and makes things seem so much harder, thats why it is a torture technique. Hope Joshua settles soon he is just as cute as a button. I love the one of Max pulling his funny face. Please remember to send the ones of Lily to me when you have a chance. Fiona xx PS Happy Father's Day Clive. You are a really cool Dad!!!
Post a Comment