Sunday, January 04, 2009

2009……HAPPY NEW YEAR and other tales


A big happy new year to all fellow bloggers out there and specifically to those that I follow. I have been absent on my blog for quite some time now, simply because…..well there is no excuse except it was Christmas and didn’t feel like being connected to the internet for too long bar the times I went on to do some banking.
Joshua’s first Christmas was really really fantastic, he woke in the most amazing mood and am sure that he just KNEW it was Christmas. We had a large I mean LARGE Christmas Eve Dinner at Heather and Ford in Panorama and stayed over and had my family come over in the morning to watch Josh open up all his presents. Wow was he spoilt, the presents just kept coming and coming. He of course loved the paper the most! But he got loads of stuff, money, clothes, toys, books etc, etc. He had chocolate for the first time some melted chocolate on a spoon … because it was Christmas, his mommy is normally very strict, but had promised Granny Heather that she could give him the first taste of chocolate and he….. LOVED IT! Of course he would so does his mom. Which brings me coincidentally to my New Years Resolution..Giving up Chocolate, it is not good for me I love it but I know it makes me put on weight and I have a wee problem with it I can have it all the time and the only time I ever went off chocolate was when I was pregnant. So I have decided it is a vice and in my head that I cant say no to chocolate so I am saying NO,and am going to NOT go on a diet per say but am going to start eating a lot more healthier that what I have been and start to drink more water than I am at the moment, which is none. Anyhow Christmas was a great success, and after struggling to find a childs nativity story book I finally found one, I mean even the Christian bookstores did not have one with the whole story which I just couldn’t understand. So eventually I found a beautiful Christmas Treasury book with a read-a-long CD with a couple of Christmas stories in, including the nativity story and was so pleased as I wanted to read it to Josh on Christmas day… he loves being read to and loves books, although he does try to eat them but I figure that is just because he loves them so much.

New Years was quietish we spent it with Steven and Veronica, and played Wii Fit, Guitar Hero etc, so Clive was in his element. But we had a good meal and an even better dessert, Ron you Malva Pudding Rocks, please give me the receipe… not that I should be eating it but still can make it for others….right..I may have tiny spoon.

The holidays have been great and I have one more week to go albeit that I have a lot to do in this week, Vaccinations for Josh, Paed check up, get to the library to reinstate my card, go to the traffic department to get licences, tidy up some drawers so my nanny can do some spring cleaning whilst we are on leave still, and fit in a day out with just clive and I and a day out with some friends and I have only 5 days left really excluding next weekend. Phew so I have some cramming to do. But am looking forward to having a day off this coming week so Clive and I can have a day out alone as it is hectic to be on the go all day with Josh and see to housework etc, in the middle of this we are still having showhouses so the house has to be kept neat and tidy.

So till next time which will probably when I am back in the land of the living at work J
Till then enjoy those that are still on holiday
xxxx


Here are some pics of Christmas and a fun day out at Spier with friends.

























































































































































3 comments:

Wendy said...

happy new year to you all. Your christmas sounded like it was wonderful and what a good day to have your first taste of choccie yum!! dont know how you can give it up. the thought of not having it ever plunges me into depression:) hope your last days of hols are good. lovely photos of everyone wish I was there
xxx

Sue said...

Sounds like you, too had a wonderful festive season and holiday! Enjoy the last of it, I'm already back at work. Lovely photos XXX

Fiona said...

Happy New Year Nicci and Clive and Josh. Looks like you had a wonderful Xmas. Hope you have a fantastic year, filled with peace, health happiness and prosperity. Love Fiona xx

 
Designed by Lena