Monday, February 23, 2009

De Ja Vu




Well for those not in the know, I have discovered a short awhile ago that I am pregnant again. Unplanned, unexpected, but nevertheless pregnant. I was waiting for my first scan to ensure that all was ok before saying too much but that was done last Thursday and have let the proverbial cat out of the bag.
Am I shocked - yes. Am I prepared - no. Am I concerned - Yes. but what can I do it cannot be undone and we did always want two children I was just not counting on it being so close together.
I was also not counting on feeling as terrible as I do. The 'morning' sickness is much worse and is all day sickness and more so at night, I am struggling to eat, and have a 11 month old who is demanding and still need to have my wits about me at work. To say I am feeling very sorry for myself at the moment is an understatement. I had exactly 2 hours sleep last night as Josh was awake from 12:30am to 4pm, why I have no idea except I was very frustrated and am very tired tonight. So we are in for the long haul. Fingers crossed it is a girl as I am not going to have a 3rd - it is just too much. Have been bad at posting pics as havent take many lately so have one or two of Josh from the other day which I have posted above.
xxx
xxxx

5 comments:

Wendy said...

as you know I am very happy for the two of you and hope its the girl you want.I know that boy or girl after the initial hard work it will be very rearding. In the meantime just grit your teeth , wait for the sickness to pass nad the tooth to emerge. I will follow new baby lamarinas progress avidly I know. Love those Josh pics he is a gogeous little boy. getting bigger by the day
much love
xxx
W

Cheeky Monkey's Mum said...

Congratulations on your news! I had a feeling you were and was waiting for you to confirm it. It is very hard being pregnant and being very sick and looking after a baby. There are anti-nausea medicines out there which work wonders. I was on mine for months. I think the sickness ended around 7 months. Just see how you manage otherwise take up the offers of medication. The risks are very minimal if any.
Lovely pics of Joshua

Wendy said...

I am so sorry that comment had a million spelling mistakes. It was late / I was tired / I am a crap speller...delete as required
xxW

Anonymous said...

Every baby is such a gift Nicci. I understand how overwhelming it feels when it happens sooner than expected and you still have a little one to care for, but trust me the idea will grow on you and by the time the birth approaches you will feel excited and ready. There is no perfect age gap and it is often best left up to fate/God to decide, otherwise in all honesty we might never get round to it a second time. I actually have been planning to write a blog post on this very thing. I empathise about the morning illness and hope it doesn't stay too long. But please feel blessed and treasure that new little life growing inside you. All will be ok.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news. You may not feel too excited at the moment because you feel too ill, and , of course, you are also working and trying to be mommy, wife, housekeeper etc etc.
But it is really great and exciting and you have been such great parents to Joshua and will just simply be the same to your new baby. Keep strong.

 
Designed by Lena