Friday, February 13, 2009

Decisions....

Once again I have to apologise for neglecting my blog, I know how I feel when no-one posts and it is the same story at the top that has been there for 3 weeks. So sorry that I have put you through that.

I have been absent from blogging for a couple of reasons, mainly because life is very busy at the moment and lots is going on in my head. The days fly by and before I know it, another week has gone by. What has been happening is trying to sell our home, and that as those of you who have had to do this, is very painstaking, stressful, irritating all in one as you have to deal with estate agents, short notice visits, sunday after sunday show houses. And most importantly the house has to be always neat and tidy. Not that we arent neat and tidy people (well not really with a toddler now) but it is irritating nonetheless. So we have had 2 offers now and decided to take the one which we signed off this morning. It is a huge step. It wasnt an easy decision to make.. We love our home - we have put a lot of hard work and effort into it making the small changes, the garden the pool etc. But I did know that it wasnt going to be the house forever as once we started a family we may need to move on. It isnt an easy thing, as I dont particularly like change I dont know if that is an Aries thing or not, but I like things to be safe as they are and know what is around the corner. As a grown up I know that that is impossible and the only thing that we can be certain of is that there will be change sooner or later, ups and downs, good times and bad.

So although the deal is signed it is subject to sale of their property and we have a month to see if that will work out else we may lose the home that we have put an offer in on with Garden Cities. I am content to say that if it is meant to be it will be, but must be honest it is a lot to think about, moving, packing, costs involved, the whole selling process with attorneys and a buyer is not something we have dealt with before. When we purchased this home we did so from the developer and were new buyers and that was that. So things are rather complicated now.

I hope we have made the right decision it will be a push for us as it is a bigger home with a bigger bond, but we are taking the step in faith and trust that we will be able to handle whatever is around the corner. So that readers is part of the reason I havent been blogging.

Other than that the Lammer family is well and hope to post some updated pics of our busy little boy who is almost 1!!!!
Love Me
xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it all works out for you!! I hope that you will get your family home!!

I can understand that it is hard to let go of something that you have put so much effort into, but you have to let go to get the bigger house where you will create all your family memories!!

Much love, holding thumbs that the sale goes through!

Wendy said...

This is great news. you have had so many months of upheaval. I really hope the other house comes through for you and you can work at making the new house all yours. I know all about change but as I always say there is nothing more inevitable than change. In most cases you realise it was for the good and I know this will be the case for you.
thinking of you and cant wait for those new pics
xxx

Sue said...

Fab news, fingers crossed that it all works out in your favour!!!

Sue xxx

Fiona said...

I hope it all works our for you guys. I am sure you have come to love your first home, but needs must and I am sure you will make your new house just as cosy. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Love Fiona xxx

 
Designed by Lena