I am now 22 weeks pregnant or 5 and a bit months pregnant. Yesterday was the foetal assessment scan where they check all the organs etc, and you go to a qualified sonographer who no one told me would BEAT me up! Good grief, my tummy is so sore today. Apparently our little girl was lying in a transverse postion head down and she needed to move to get some good shots. My poor little girl had her hands in front of her face as her mom had her stomach pushed, slapped and 'beaten' then she moved to cover her ears. It was really a sight to see, Engela the lady said she is a stubborn one. Would not budge. Good for her... bad for me, I swear I am going to have bruises. The things we do for our kids! All is well with her and she is developing nicely, due date is apparently between 21-24 September and she weighs 550g at the moment. I feel very heavy and stretched but perhaps that is because she is lying horizontally against me. I must say I could see from the 4d scan immediately that she 'looks' different to Josh did at that scan which I know is obvious that they would look different but mostly in these scans you dont see too much detail. It's funny though when I look back at Joshua's 3d scans there are elements that I recognize in his facial features now. Weird but true.
Now I am busy debating when to take maternity leave I am tempted to work until Fri 11th September but am worried that if she comes a week early I will only have 1 week off before she arrives. It is such a dilemma as ideally I want to spend as much time at home with her and not 'waste' a month if she decides to come late. But also will have to see how I feel around that time, I also would like to spend a bit of quality time with Josh before my time has to be shared. So really not sure at this point in time.
This weekend we move into our new house, there is lots to do, do I feel like it ... No! Does it matter how I feel ... No.. it still has to be done. Sigh abracadabra ...poof I wish it was all done already, furniture still there yip. So we will move on Saturday out of our home for 4 years that housed my first baby and first nursery. We will leave behind the beautiful Peter Rabbit border that Clive made and start over with Josh's room and the new nursery.
I will leave you with the very unflattering not so nice pics of our baby girl at the 4d scan yesterday she really struggled to get a good picture of her.
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe that the time is going by so quickly! I wish I could've had a 3-D scan of Jake, but back in those days, they were so damned expensive, it just wasn't an option. Hope the move goes OK, thinking about you XXX
All the best with your move. Time is flying, so enjoy it! xxx
Post a Comment