Thursday, September 03, 2009

ONE MORE DAY....

One more day....yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Just tomorrow and then I am on Maternity Leave yay! Have a gynae appointment in the afternoon so we will see how things go and then next week feet up and get stuck into sorting out Hannahs room and stuff.........Perhaps then I will start to really feel excited instead of so tired and drained, and look forward to the arrival of our little girl, a whole new side for us to adapt to and for Joshua to adapt to, a baby sister 'baba' as he would say hmmmm hope he likes her :-) Cause we cant return her....

On a more sombre note, the day before yesterday, some of you would have seen in the Argus yesterday the announcement of the death of a little girl Saskia at a creche in Kirstenhof.... well it was a bit close to home -in a way- as a friend of mine Theresa who works at Liberty had sent an email mid morning to please ask a group of us to pray for her colleague who had just got news that her daughter had gone to sleep at the creche and would not wake up..... the article in the newspaper yesterday was about her colleague..their whole office was shaken. I cant imagine what this poor mother (well I can try) is going through...what a nightmare. If you read the reports from the paper they say it could have been 'avoidable' as there may have been a delay from the paramedics side, but it also mentions that she was sick and they allowed her to decide if she wanted to stay at home with her grandfather or go to school, she wanted to go to school. They are awaiting the pathology reports to see the exact cause of death... but it will never bring back her 3 year old... so hug your child/ren a little tighter and never take for granted the gift of life.... a young life taken so early..... there are no answers.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am sorry to hear about that little girl. Life is just so cruel at times. You just never know whats around the corner.
On a happier note I am excited for you to begin your leave and I hope its going to be such a special time in your life. When I think of a child being brought into the world I just feel so choked up..must be the hormones
kepp us up to date
much love
xx

Sue said...

Hey Nikki,

Hope that, by now, you're enjoying your maternity leave and getting ready for the arrival of your precious little Hannah. Can't wait to meet her and I'm sure Josh will adjust really quickly to his new sister and she'll be the apple of his eye in no time at all. Enjoy every moment of this special time in your lives, thinking about you all the time!!

XXX

 
Designed by Lena