Well December is here in all its glory the summer days, wow it has been hot, the christmas vibe etc. It is also the silly season where things are hectic and life is so busy and the month seems to fly by as we busily do all that needs to be done for christmas and attend social gatherings, all in all December is a great month.
It is weird to be around the house at this time of year as I am still on maternity leave, I must say I quite like it, in fact I could go as far to say as I am getting quite used to being at home, and am wondering how I am going to cope going back to work with 2 children now to add to our lifestyle. To be honest I am not really looking forward to it, in a perfect world I would work a half day job and spend the other half with my kids, which by the by would not be an easy half to the rest of the afternoon, but would allow me to just BE with my children.
The more I think about it the more depressed I feel about going back to work, I am not looking forward to leaving Hannah at a daycare so young when Josh had a nanny at home look after him, but we dont have much choice we have a bond and bills to pay...many moms out there have had to do what I have to do and their kids are fine, but ... there is always a but ... I would just like to have freedom to work a bit to keep that adult stimulation / business acumen going and then have the time to be with my kids when I want to.
Anyhow I went off on a tangent there when I was actually talking about Christmas... Our tree was supposed to go up today but it was not done ... it was very hot in CPT and I was kept busy with going to the shop for lunch stuff, feeding, changing Hannah and Josh .. so like many things in my life at the moment things just arent getting done when I want them done, in fact I am getting quite blase about it now, 'oh well' is my attitude at the moment which is amazing for me as I like things done immediately. So we just spent the day at home which was nice in a way as we had not done that in awhile. Next weekend we are off to a wedding in Paarl on Saturday morning and the grannies are babysitting whohoo!! Clive and our first outing alone in I cannot remember how long, it is a brunch and I plan to have lots of champagne and orange juice! and then we have a kiddies Christmas party the next day which should be great fun, but most of all I cant wait for Clive to be finished with work for this year, it has been a tough last couple of months with him working ridiculous hours and Saturdays and I am at the end of my rope with it all, I just want some family time ... what is more important than that at this time of year.
Well I will leave you with some pics taken recently....have a good week all.
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


2 comments:
I love the photo's Nicci. Enjoy your day on Saturday, stay away from home the whole day, get that mojo back. Denise xxxx
hey Mrs Lammer tis not the season any longer LOL hope you return soon. missing your posts and news
xx
W
Post a Comment