I am still here, I have not disappeared under the mound of disposable nappies...yet :-)
I was thinking of my blog and the blogs I read and wondered if we "took in" the 'virtual footprint' we are leaving behind? I love reading Caroline's moms Cabbages and Kings reminisces of the past and realized that each post we blog about what may be the emotion of that day or hopes for the future, our current experiences preserved for the future. I am so pleased that I have this blog that I hope will be around or I am able to somehow preserve all that I have journaled here so that one day Joshua and Hannah are able to read my thoughts and see 'the past' in their present. I have sometimes gone back to previous posts and re-read them and looked at pictures of my so called 'online diary'. I have always kept a diary from young but gave it up for many years and found writing by hand frustrating as I like to write fast and it was often untidy, I like the idea of a 'virtual diary' a lot more and wonder if there is way to preserve our blogs or even back them up so that it can be kept for our children and children's children. I have seen a book kind of like 'my baby's first record book' that is for grandmothers and grandfathers where you can record all their memories and details, which I thought was a really good idea.
I also have to add that Susan's post on Jacques 32nd Birthday had a bit of influence on the content of this blog and want to say that I really really admire your strength and honesty, you may not feel strong at times but your posts show a strength in the will to go on, to raise Jake, to honour Jacques memory and to live life to the fullest, it also brought tears to my eyes, and an appreciation of what sometimes we take for granted.
So I encourage you all to keep on blogging even if it is sometimes here and there, one day our little (or big) children will treasure the messages / receipes / pictures that you have shared.
xxxx
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment