Friday, June 29, 2007

Birthdays Birthdays Birthdays

Hi have been bad at blogging this week. Although have noticed some are also behind - Ron - a whole week? Thats not like you :-)

Well I dont know about anyone else out there, but I have had quite a few birthdays and more that are coming up! A 40th this weekend, Andrea's birthday on the 19th, Clive's 30th is coming up and it just never ends. My sister turned 19 on the 23rd June, I cant believe it. She is no longer a snotty nosed brat - shame she was a brat not so much anymore. Cant wait until she is in her mid 20's and the big gap of 10 years wont seem so big anymore. Feels like the other day that I was feeding her pureed food and helping bath her. Have included a pic of her taken last year at her Matric Dance, she is the one on the right.


Then my dear husband turns 30 in under a months time, have told him in no uncertain terms that he is NOT ALLOWED a mid-life crises! So begins the battle as to what to do and what to buy for his birthday. I am also starting to wonder when this year is going to slow down but time waits for no man. Heard a interesting way of describing time the other day by TD Jakes, "The earth is a circle spinning in itself, spinning around the sun, creating days and months that are spinning - never stopping, we are born and the days are already spinning, NOTHING stops the spinning!" How true I think, in fact my head is spinning right now, just thinking about how time is spinning by - hahaha.
Have a wonderful weekend all before it 'spins past'
Nix

3 comments:

purpleronnie said...

Hey Nix!!! Hahahahaha yes I know I have been a lazy one!!! Oh well funny you should put ur sister's MD pic up as that is what my blog post is today!
Time is sooo crazy - as I always say time is my enemy - so many things I want to do and no time for any of it!!! Wish we could just stop it just for a while so we caould all catch up and then it can go on spinning again..;
Enjoyed your post babes
xxx

Wendy said...

Yes it is spinning along isnt it. All these birthdays are fab I have my dads 60th Clives , Veronicas and of course my little Lily who is turning 1. can you believe it.
Hope you have a fab weekend
xx

Fiona said...

I am glad to say that my husband has never had a mid life crisis, but Nicci it does not come in the 30's it is normally the mid to late 40's it hits one, so you can relax for now - ha ha ha!!!! Nana Fi xx

 
Designed by Lena