Friday, June 22, 2007

Winter Solstice

"Watcha looking at?"

"Daddy's Boy"

"Hmmm think I may still be hungry"

Well if you live in Cape Town you know that the weather has been rather brrrrr lately. Yesterday was the official Winter Solstice of the Southern Hemisphere and heard an interesting fact regarding it, apparently it gets colder after the winter solstice - so dont pack away the winter woolies just yet.



Thought I would include a picture of Levi Nell, Kim and Carl's baby boy that I posted a while back when he was 1 day old, he is now a month but theoretically should be only 12 days old as he was prem. We had supper at them last night and they have a little girl Michaela (Kayla) as well who is 5. A good time was had by all and Levi was a bit niggly - think he had cramps, and Kayla wanted to play and experienced first hand that I think it is quite tough to have 2 children one a little girl and another a brand new baby who needs your attention as much as your little girl does. Hectic! We had a good laugh as Kayla now has a chart to chart smiley faces and sad faces for the week dependent on her behaviour, cleaning her room and chores, and if she has x amount of smiley faces by the Friday she will get a 'surprise'. I thought this is a good idea.

Later on in the evening, Kayla says "Mommy I laid out all my clothes for school tomorrow for me to get dressed in the morning" - Cue Kim, "Good Girl" Smiley Face for you. Dad goes into the room a bit later and the dogs are pouncing on her clothes..... wait for it.... she had stuffed her pockets full of chocolates (Quality Street nogal) and mints - FULL and the dogs had smelt it and began to attack her clothes. Haha did I laugh, but then it was reprimand time and scratch that smiley face. What a tough position laugh or be stern and instill the discpline. Kids will be kids I suppose, I bet she thought she was the cleverest little kid pulling the wool over mommy's eyes!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

hee hee dont you love kids. we have all that to come still I hope you are taking notes so we can share ideas.
Hes a sweet baby hey. you know some of the ladies in my antenatal group are pregnant again. are they mad!! Its bad enough with a 5 year gap
keep warm
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sue said...

What a cute little thing Levi is! Can't believe how much he's changed already! Loved the story abot his sister getting ready for school early. Also working with the whole rewards thing with Jake at the moment, it seems to be working well and they respond so much better to it then getting a hiding. The secret rule with kids is consistency. Just got to stick to the rules, no matter what...
xxx

 
Designed by Lena