Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back in the land of working for a living

Sigh, I am back at work. Normally I am infused with energy and ideas for the year ahead, but this year starting work at 7 months pregnant after having a 2 week break is really depressing. I am fine in the morning but come 1pm I am tired a zombie and uncomfortable. So I have officially started my count down to my Maternity Leave (if all goes according to plan) Little Lammer may decide to come early who knows. 63 days to go till I am on Maternity Leave, and I cant wait! I am taking 2 weeks before my due date so that I can have time to relax properly read books, repack drawers for the umpteenth time and check things as I am told you do, and wait in anticipation for the arrival of our little one.

Sometimes I am excited, sometimes incredibly nervous, but I know that when the time comes I am sure I will be overwhelmed with the unconditional instantaneous love felt for the little one that is part of both Clive and I and a little himself too. I have a feeling 2008 is going to be the best year yet and who needs New Years Resolutions when there are new things happening around you each and every day. I believe each day should be lived to the fullest and we dont know what is around the corner, so things cannot be so planned in advance, it is good to have goals that you aim to achieve, but to steadfastly resolve to do something, who knows what obstacles will be thrown in your way and life is too short and valuable to not enjoy each day as it comes. Saying this however I wish Clive would really resolve to stop smoking - however that is a very long topic that I could dedicate a whole post to.

We had a very quite Christmas and New Years, I was in bed on New Years at 10:30 and asleep - we were both in Pringle Bay for a few days and had some time to relax just the two of us which was nice.

I will leave you with a couple of pics from when we were on leave. A big Congrats to Nicola on the birth of her baby boy yesterday and to Veronica on becoming a new Aunt! And also although didnt leave a comment, am thinking of you Caroline with Craig being in hospital, wishing you lots of strength and I hope that everything is ok, I know it cant be easy as you take for granted that your husband is the strong one and it cant be easy having a baby to take care of as well, so please keep us updated and thinking of you.

Some Pictures taken in Dec/Jan:

Baby Max Davis

In Pringle Bay


Baby Killian Twins - Nicola and Bianca
(Chilling by our pool)

Baby Kai Scott - Taryn Fowlers little Boy

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good to have you back Nix. I have missed you. what will we do when you are on maternity leave and we need updates on baby Josh

Sounds like you had a lovely rest. I dont envy you working now . Its the worst part of pregnancy I thought and I was one of the "I love being pregnant" people.
get loads of spare pillows to wedge yourself into bed and relieve all the pressures. they are good for breastfeeding after too.
Isn Max a cutie. the other babies are all beautiful as well but I dont know them

Just think tomorrow is the end of the week so one less week before maternity leave
xxxx
Ps we need a baby update bump pic and how and where you are going to have Josh. I am very nosy
Wends

Cheeky Monkey's Mum said...

Hi Nicci
Thanks very much.Sounds like you and bump are doing very well. You are very brave to finish work 2 weeks before due date. for me it nearly 10 weeks. All the best though and I know we all say it but get as much rest as possible as you will never get that rest again until you retire or children leave home. And you cannot rest at all if you fall pregnant a second time so take advantage now.
Say HI to Clive from me and my boys
Love NIcola

 
Designed by Lena