
3 and a bit weeks to go, pretty soon the countdown will be finished and little Joshua will be here. I had a Doctors appointment this morning and all is looking well, he is head down and she says it is unlikely that he will turn to be breech from here on out. He weighs 3.1kg if machine is accurate, and has a largeish sized head 33cm, but this is more to do with the fact that he has a round shaped head not elongated - (suppose more round = more ouch for natural?) All looks good for natural birth so far, so we will see what happens in the next coming few weeks. She doesnt think that he is going to be late, as apparently my water levels are starting to drop and my placenta is starting to calcify which are signs of maturation of end of pregnancy apparently. So we will see, there are many guesses / bets / predications on birthdate. His initial due date as most of you know is 1st April, I was thinking he may be here on the 3rd but a couple of people have said 27th March, time will tell.
At the moment my focus is to finish work and to read up more on labour and what to expect, although I have done the antenatal classes, I am starting to get porridge brain and feel at the moment like I know nothing. I suppose this is normal and that in any case no book and advice can really prepare you 100 % as each person and birth is different. I must say thanks to Caroline though for your Jungle Juice receipe I am definitely going to be doing this. Can I drink this in labour and / or before or only in labour?
Last weekend was also my baby shower, which was really fantastic. Even though I felt absolutely rotten on the Sunday with flu, I cheered up considerably when I saw everyone and everyone was dressed in blue and we were so so spoilt by all. The nursery is coming along nicely, the only job I have to do really is sort out the cot and moses basket linen, pack and wash clothes and that is about it. I also need to pack a small bag for baby for hospital and add 1 or 2 things into my hospital bag, and then I am as ready as I ever will be.
Last night we had a small braai at Steven and Veronica and Lily and Wendy came and I have to say she is so gorgeous I took a few pics of her swimming which she loves, but did not bring camera with to work today to download so will post those probably on Monday, together with a couple of baby shower pics. In the meantime here is a picture of Baby Lamarina at 36 weeks.
xxxx


1 comment:
So exciting, I can't wait to see little Joshua - not long now! Good luck and don't worry about anything. Labour will come and it will pass and at the end, you'll have a healthy, happy baby boy in your arms and labour will be a distant memory. This is the miracle of life - enjoy every second of being part of it and of becoming a mother!!! If it's any consolation - I'm very jealous it's not me!
XXX
Post a Comment