
Sorry for the lack of posting, have not really had much to say however I religiously check all the other blogs and get frustrated when there are no new posts.
All is well in the land of pregnancy, and have only 11 more working days until I finish work......THANK GOODNESS. Although I know myself I will probably be at home wondering about work, getting phonecalls from them etc. I am hoping that I will just relax, unwind and do some needed bonding with our baby boy that I am too tired to do as am so busy with work during the day and doing light work around the house when I get home. I am getting rather LARGE at present and am dying to see how much he weighs in at our next appointment next week Fri 7th March. Although I think my gynae was trying to scare me at our last appointment which was on 8th February she said he was already 2.5kg good grief he cant be 5kg already, although many have said they are not accurate with those scans.
Some Statistics from http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/:
Your baby now weighs over 5.5 pounds and its crown-to-rump length is approximately 13.2 inches. Your baby's total length is around 20.25 inches at this point. Your uterus is now 6 inches from the bellybutton and the average weight gain is approximately 24 to 29 pounds. Most pregnant women begin to feel cramped and heavy around this time and often become tired of being pregnant. Some women feel like they do not have to room to breathe or eat. You should eat small, but frequent, meals and rest as often as you can throughout the day. Your cervix will begin to dialte and efface within the next few weeks to make room for your baby's head to emerge from the birth canal. Your cervix needs to be 10 cm dilated in order to deliver your baby. This week of your pregnancy your baby's fingernails will have definitely reached the tips of his fingers. When your baby is born, his nails may look long and pointy. Your baby is less likely to scratch himself at this point because of the lack of room in the uterus. Fat deposition will still continue and your baby is getting chubbier and more round. Your baby's shoulders are plump at this point. The baby begins to develop its own immune system.
Isnt the human body just amazing!


3 comments:
well hello mrs Lammer
That tummies getting bigger and bigger. I suppose steps are totally out of te question now. as is any sort of deep breathing.
The body is truley amazing. I wish you a truley relaxing couple of weeks till B day and good dialation and effacing.
any sign of Josh engaging or dropping yet?
xxx
How exciting!!! So nice to see a photo of you two as well!! Glad to see you're looking so healthy. Enjoy the couple of weeks off work before Josh makes his grand appearance. It's all so exciting and I can't wait to meet the "little" guy!
Love Sue xxx
It is getting really exciting now Nicci. I am sure you spend a lot of time worrying, but don't you are in good hands and everything will go just fine. Relax, and if you have not got a pool in this hot weather, just have cold showers, it makes you feel human again. Hope to see you on Saturday so we can all give your tummy a rub for luck!!! Fiona xx
Post a Comment