Now I await the day and see what kind of labour / delivery I am going to have, I have no birthing plan as such, as I believe you cant plan these things, you can have a preference but your baby and body have got other agendas. My gynae says those that have a birthing plan longer than half an A4 page are guaranteed to have a caesar - just something that they have noticed a trend in.
Tammy a friend of mine just had her baby boy Luke this week Tuesday, she was 9 days overdue with him, and eventually after much discussion over risks / complications she decided to go for the caesar route. Just as well, he was born 4.2kg and had a head cirucmference of 37cm, the cord was wrapped around his neck twice and this was why he was not engaging fully. These are things she had no control over. My personal preference is to try natural, bladdy scared to but nevertheless would like to try, after all isnt this the way women have been giving birth for centuries? Funny thing though Natural birth is classified as more stressful and there can be more complications, you would think mother nature would make it easier on us .
So I am trying to think of friends who have had natural in the last lot that have given birth and you know what there are not many. In fact I cant think of any, 6 that gave birth last year had caesars. So I dont hold a crystal ball and know how it is going to go for me, I just pray that baby will come out quickly and easily and the safest way possible.
Am going to leave you with two pics of Luke Smith, taken at 1 day old. Max Davis who was at our house for a lovely braai last weekend, he is just too cute, and a picture of my rather large nekkid tummy - it cant get bigger... can it?
xxxx
Luke Smith - 1 day old






3 comments:
There is no way to predict how your labour/birthing is going to go and I agree to just go with the flow. I managed natural birth (on a wonderfully expensive epidural that didn't work!) and it is an amazing experience, there are no words to describe it! It really doesn't matter how your baby arrives, as long as it's healthy and makes a safe arrival (that includes you). I know it's hard, but try not to worry about it too much yet, you still have a while before it all happens. Jake was a week later and I was still running around the garden chasing baboons when I was full term.
Good luck with the road ahead, it's a very exciting (and exhausting) time for both you and Clive. The rest of us are dying to meet the new addition!
Lots of love, Susan xxx
PS. Yes, your poor tummy will still stretch some more! Looks great!
Lovely tummy!!
Mother nature is not a woman. its a myth thats been spread about I am sure. Anyway your baby arrives is the best way. a safe , minimal stress birth should be everyones aim. As you know I had an emergency ceasar but when they lifted lily out of my tummy it was the most fantastic feeling. Have no expectations and be flexible and you will be fine. as you say that 4.2 kg little luke was not coming out naturally. congrats on passing your classes...now its the exam!!
What a beautiful tummy! I am getting more and more excited for you guys as your time approaches. I can not wait to meet the little guy and give him lots of cuddles and pressies
xxx
Post a Comment