Suffice to say I am jealous of those that are able to and I am quite happy to lose myself for awhile and relish in the joys of motherhood and take in all precious moments. Having read Pia's blog, I unashamedly know that I am the Alpha mom. Knowledge is power and I love knowledge. I have and do read a lot and have done since very young suffice to say I dont know everything but I know a lot from reading, be it stories, newspapers, biographies and believe it or not a lot of my general knowledge comes from my good old 'story teller' tape and book set I used to get once a week when I was younger. How else would I know Thor is the god of Thunder? Through my story teller I tell you. Anyhow I digress. How I long to stay at home and take in all of Joshua's new learnings. How on earth can you love someone so much. Clive asked me the other day if I love Joshua more than him, so I said it is a different kind of love, his (Joshua's) is unconditional and yours is conditional. Haha sad but true, although the love for my husband has increased since having a baby.
I must say I cant wait to have the second, not right now because I want to enjoy Joshua, but cant wait to have a little girl (hopefully....) or even another boy if that is what is written in the stars. There can be no greater gift or privilege than to be a mother, I wanted to start crying when I read Sandra Green's post on being a mother and am quite happy to put myself on the back burner for a while, unfortunately it is not possible for me to stay at home, but I will endeavour to make sure that I am the best Alpha mom when I am with him and not take a moment for granted. I am amazed that when I go out I miss him so much and when I am back home just hold him close to me and whisper "Mommy loves you" and I get a gurgle back, who needs anything more than that....
My little boy is growing at a rapid rate and is 10 weeks tomorrow, he has started to smile nicely talks to his mom all the time with goos and gaas and loves his bath now. Here are some updated pics for you all.
Me and My Dad
Me and My Mommy again...
I am sooooo cute man
Levi Nell - our godson's 1st birthday


5 comments:
Wow, Nicci, he's growing so quickly. Can't believe he's 10 weeks old already. Maternity leave does end far too quickly, but you will still have tons of time to love and enjoy your little boy around working hours. And the fact that the time is shorter, will mean that you'll enjoy it even more!!
Lots of love to you all,
Sue xxx
PS. I'm dying to see him in the flesh and to get a little cuddle, let's try catch up sometime
All babies are cute but some are a little more than others and man, Joshua is one cute baby! I also love the photo of you as a family - isn't it just so special to go from couple to family?
I really feel for you Nicci as it must be so hard going back to work. Try not to stress about it now and just enjoy every minute you have with him. I must say I am so grateful that I am able to stay at home with Amy. Oh, and I too thought a lot about having a second baby (from about 6 weeks on) as motherhood is just truly amazing. xxx
Hi Nix
I cant wait to meet Joshua. He is looking so sweet and the 3 of you just look so family like you all look the same its amazing!!
I think the thing to do is to enjoy what you have left of maternity leave and make sure you are happy with where you leave him. the thought is perhaps worse than the deed. You will spend all this quality time with him when you are not working and you will settle into a little routine again. Its criminal that your leave is so short!
see you soon
xx
What I have learnt from friends is that the first three months are crucial for bonding. So, even though it will be hard the time that you have spent with him will mean soo much to him in the long run. And that is not to say that you can't still spend time with him. I wish all mums could stay with their babies and especially seeing you and how having a son has affected you, I wish it for you most of all. Who knows why life is so cruel and SA law is so cruel but there it is. But I do know that Joshua will never ever doubt for a second how much he is loved by you and Clivey.
xx
Oh Nicci Josh is just too cute for words. I is such a happy and content baby. He is such a good mixture of you and Clive. It was lovely seeing you all yesterday and I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Fiona xxx
Post a Comment