Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In the swing of things

Well I have been back at work for just on 2 weeks now and it is an adjustment working and trying to juggle time to play with Joshua when I get home, bath him, feed him and start supper all by 7pm.! Needless to say it is a challenge, but know that millions of women out there do it so... so must I. Last weekend was hectic for me as my nanny that looks after Joshua had a family emergency her son was admitted to hospital therefore she wasnt at work on Friday and I was in a predicament as our back up granny and grandpa were away in Oudtshoorn, so Clive and I looked at each other in the morning at 6:30am and said 'now what?'. Yes I have heard the 'if your child was in creche you wouldnt have had this problem' but that was not the choice I made, yes I know family emergencies happen - still damn Murphey and his Law that it was the first week I was back at work!

So pack up Joshua and his campcot (thank goodness I invested in one of these 3 weeks prior) his pram, his bottles, his overflowing nappybag and off to work we go. Luckily I have quite a large office and it is my own so he stayed in with me not disturbing anyone else. BUT what a nightmare, never again, he was out of sorts and too much to look at, I was out of sorts as how do I work while he is moaning and wants to be played with, how does he sleep while the phones are ringing and I am tip toeing around my office in case I wake him working in the dark so the downlighters dont keep him awake...! NEVER NEVER NEVER again. I would rather put in a days leave. Speaking of which I am yet again stunned over this country's policy with Family Responsibility Leave, now I know that there are people out there that take advantage but really when I heard Kristian (Wendy's hubby to be) say that they had 15 days Family Responsibility leave I almost choked on my cappuccino! We have 3 in this country 3 days out of 365!!! and some companies will only grant it for sick children or dying 'immediate' family relatives. Gavin Davis if you are reading this can you please raise this issue in parliament!!! haha only kidding!

Well from there we had Wendy's Kitchen Tea on the Saturday I had booked a pedicure at SKIN with a about to expire voucher I had received as a baby shower gift and thought how nice I can relax and Clive can look after Joshua and I can stroll around after.. not to be! Steven was fetching my hubby for paintballing (Kristians bachelors) at 11:30 so I had to race from SKIN to the parkade home to have Joshua handed over to me and sort him out pack the numerous bags and accessories you have for a baby to take him to Wendy's Kitchen Tea (which as Susan put it was outnumbered by little ones) It was a great Kitchen Tea and really well put together by Caroline but I was exhausted still from the Friday debacle and rushing on Saturday that when we eventually got home on Saturday at 6ish Joshua was ready to play and not sleep, he was all out of sorts so I threw my proverbial toys out of the cot as they say and told Clive he was to take over. I mean enough was enough, I needed a break, I was in bed on Saturday night at about 8:30 and felt much better on Sunday.

I am soo excited for Wendy and Kristians wedding on Saturday a night out whoo hoo!!!
Am disappointed that Catherine Davis will be missing it as she is stuck in the UK but that is another whole story - shame poor Gav thinking of you - know you must be missing them.
Well I am off now
Have a great week all
xxx

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena