Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wheres my baby baby? - 5 months 2 days old

Yee haa having fun with my favourite toy


Hi All, Well Joshua was 5 months this past Sunday, and my title explains how I feel. Where is my baby baby?? Well he is still a baby but not a baby baby anymore. How sad, how fast has time flown? Hearing one of the sisters at Panorama Breastfeeding Clinic talk to another sister, I will never forget what she said 'that she just remembers the whole first year of her childs life as a blur, a sleep deprived blur'. Well at the time I thought how insensitive and how terrible that those are your memories, however now as a mom that is now a little more experienced, I can say that perhaps I understand. I am determined not to let that be me and have a little thing that I do when Joshua is really cute or does something out of the ordinary, I hold him tight and say the following: "Hold on tight, hold on tight...to this moment" and then give him lots of kisses.

You see I want to hold on to the memories and I suppose that is why I am so camera happy and why I invested in a dvd camcorder, because I know that I want to be able in someway to recapture and relive the feelings I had when I held him for the first time, when he first smiled and now as he starts to put his toes into his mouth, that little giggle when I kiss his tummy.. such precious times that slide by like sand in your hand. What a blessing to have children, I know they grow up to be stubborn teenagers and are perhaps mischievous toddlers, but really it is such a gift to be a parent. Thank you Lord for all my blessings and my healthy little boy who is almost half way to his first birthday.
xxx

I'm growing up....


Me with my dad

Me with my mom

At Melkbos Beach

Having fun in moms arms

More photos dad???

You funny dad

I'm such a poser for the camera

Sweet Dreams my Angel

3 comments:

Wendy said...

hold on tight Nix. You will remember it fondly through the haze f hard wrk and tiredness because you are so determined to. that bit really made me cry now
xxx
W

purpleronnie said...

Lovely post and these pictures are gorgeous as ever!

Fiona said...

How cute he is Nicci? I know, the first year flies by does'nt it? But you will remember all the important things, all the horrid stuff soon gets forgotton, trust me. Wendy got so irritated when she asked me stuff and I could not remember, and now she has already forgotton stuff from a little more than a year ago. Ha Ha Ha!!! Fiona xx

 
Designed by Lena