A large part of being able to do this is that I had Meriam with me for a month and a half and she knows how I do things and Joshua has gotten used to her so I feel comfortable leaving him with her. Of course huge doses of prayer that all will be well goes into the equation as well. And I have to let go and trust that he will be fine, however I am watchful and aware of his moods / patterns etc. so will still be keeping tabs on that.
Joshua is growing so fast, I loved Pia's post which was in Your Baby last month too, on wishing someone had told her about last moments. So mindful of this every moment I am with him I am trying to suck it all up into my being so that I will never forget it. He is already only down to 2/3 breastfeeds a day compared to sole breastfeeding. I had to put him onto formula 3 weeks before I came back to work as I just could not express enough to store up and would not be able to express 3 feeds a day at work. Let me tell you I dont miss that breast pump as good as it was! But he loves his bottle and knows it when he sees it and the hands already go out with moaning of course. It is amazing to see how has evolved from that tiny little baby who just slept and drank. I am sure it is only going to get better as he gets older just please Father Time not too fast. He is now on some rice cereal and is loving it though I am only giving him very little just to let his tummy get used to it.
So this mom has to get back to work now ...... I leave you with some pics of the cereal eating..


3 comments:
So glad to hear that it's going so well. Kids adjust so quickly and it is us moms who take the strain. I'm glad to hear that you're soaking up all that Joshua has to offer with each and every passing moment. I too love to just sit and watch Jake and absorb him. Time does go by far too quickly.
Soon everything will be settled into a steady routine and it will be much easier to be at work. I'm still praying you win the lotto though... I need a pram walking buddy!
Hiya
I am still amazed by this Your Baby thingy.
Could you let me know what the date on the magazine was so that I can get myself a copy?
Thanks
P
Post a Comment