Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I have lived on this earth for 6 months

My life changed irrevocably on the 24th March 2008, and it will never be the same. After posting my last post on Child controversy and looking at the comments, I still dont agree with many of the points that she raised, but do understand some of them. Some are tounge in cheek I feel as many commented and some are just bitter. Anyway that post has been written and discussed and this post is about my bundle of Joy - Joshua turning 6 months.

I took Joshua to the paed the day before Hertitage Day on the 23rd September for his 6 month check up. All was and is well with him, and Dr Zieff says he is a little character. His reflexes and milestones are well established and the only spot on his record is that he is suffering from eczema - mostly on his tummy and in creases and is aggravated by heat, which we see at its worse after a bath. So a R200 prescription later for a bath salve and a moisturising cream that has nothing in it really and is manufactured in some overseas European country we will have to see if it disappears. I also have to change washing powder and if by 9 months he is still suffering with it we may have to do tests to see if he is allergic to something. Other than that he is a healthy 8.3kg and 70.5cm and is just a little above his percentile but perfectly in proportion.
Doc also says that it looks like he may have size 12 feet.... of course you know what dad had to say about that! He once again christened the doctor with some pee pee, he really likes him though and think that this is more a "I like you" than I need to pee. I mean I get it all the time on me. Hee hee.
Joshua has also now started solids properly, I had started to introduce rice cereal to him at about 4 and a half months but although he was a good weight for his age, I dont think he was ready, it constipated him (sorry for the t.m.i.) and he spat it out repeatedly so I left it until 2 weeks before he turned 6 months and started the rice cereal again where it was met with more interest. Then on this past weekend on the Friday introduced butternut, well it was a picture, he ate the first two spoons and then obviously realised hang on this is not cereal - and pulled a face. Well now he loves it and has had sweet potatoe and tomorrow he will start carrot for the first time. I will then probably start to give him a fruit in the morning and have already prepared some pureed apple and then pear, I believe you need to start single first and then can mix. This is a whole new chapter compared to bottle feeding, which I suppose was a whole new chapter compared to breast feeding so we move forward step by step and pretty soon I am sure I will be finding information out for him on how to do projects. Oh my!
A friend of mine from school just mailed me today and pointed out that her oldest is now turning 10, I mean 10! I remember when she was born. Crazy..... my aunt tells me that I am lucky to have a boy as girls go through the whole make up phase, with inappropriate clothing when going out, etc. I say bring it on... I would love a little girl - but for now it is Joshua's time.... which by the way am still struggling to get to sleep in his own cot, he is such a clever little boy and has his dad wrapped around his finger....I struggled last night for an hour to get him to sleep in his own cot letting him moan and cry and just going in every now and again to reassure andpat him, he eventually fell asleep at 7:45 and then was up again at 9:45 and Clive tried for 5 minutes and he started to cry heartbrokenly of course... and Clive brought him through to our bed and with 2 seconds I kid you not fell asleep.....HELP, there has to be consistency..... I can see who is going to be the discplinarian.
Here are some updated pics:
Trying out Butternut
Hmmm I am not sure about this but am eating it anyway

Playing with my granny
Playing with my great-granny that visited this past week


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh... beautiful baby!!

Who can resist your baby when he mournfully cries for you...? They know just how to hit us in our soft spot!! Manipulative little buggers.

Enjoy your angel because the time does fly. Soon he will be telling you "NO" to everything and you'll be pulling your hair out!

purpleronnie said...

Yay! He is doing so well. Here's hoping that ecsema goes away real quick. How exciting he is trying all these new things it's amazing how quickly this is all happening. Soon it will be my turn I can't wait for that.
Good luck with the sleeping issue.. tell that hubby of yours to be strong!!!

Wendy said...

So lovely to hear all his news he is the cutest thing and that butternut is going down well. Horrid about the excema. I hear using a sea sponge in the bath will help with that alongside his muti. Tell Clivey to be strong united you must stand. its so hard though I know crying child is my idea of torture. I hate to hear it. good luck with it once he knows the routine and whats expected of him he will settle in his bed I am sure
xxx
W

Sue said...

He's such a sweetie and getting so big. Congratus on the great report from the doc. Always a proud moment when they do so well!!
XXX

 
Designed by Lena