Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Look and Changes

So I have joined and also made a change to my blog....it is difficult finding nice skins and then loading them without complications but I liked one of the sites that Caroline gave as it was nice and easy. Although you have to start over by adding gadgets again, as they say a change is as good as a holiday, I would love to make many changes in my life and so started wondering why I am procrastinating on these changes - I think it comes down to actually facing what you want to change and taking a step to change it. So what are the things I want to change?

1. My Job ......
2. My weight (yes I know I had a baby - but that baby is 6 and half months old - and I have started to put weight on after stopping breastfeeding so need to stop eating chocolates and start exercising and drinking water)
3. My home - we are in the process of selling to move to bigger house and it is the pits trying to sell in this market - so whatever is meant to be will be.
4. My non-existent 'Me Time' - need to make time for me - myself and I (hard to do with a 6 and half month old and a husband who is working so hard)
5. Time for my friends with and without babies on board - girls going to movies / picnics with children etc.
6. Did I mention my job?
7. Spending Habits - got to shop smarter in these tough economical times with the added pressure of baby goods
8. Did I mention my job?
9. My car - although that is in direct conflict with item 7
10. My hair - I am bored but dont know what on earth to do with it

Well my blog layout is of dandelions and according to wikipedia - dandelions are a symbol of happiness and faithfulness - two of the most important things I consider to be of value to me - I also love the way the float in the wind........ all in different directions, we have but 1 life to live why do we stay stuck in a rut for so long before we realise we need to lift ourselves out of it ... we waste time and offer excuses ..... I am going to paste my change list on my fridge and am going to start crossing the things off so that I can see change in my life that there is no rut that there can be change and it is only up to me to make it happen!

Have a great Wednesday - make a change !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lurve the new look!!

Good luck with all the new leaves!!

Wendy said...

its loking fab nicci. I wish you great success with your changes. For what its worth I think that you should start with your hair. its small enough to do in an afternoon. gives you a bit of that me time and a new look often spurs on other changes.
xx

purpleronnie said...

I love your new look very good. I am so in agreement with you. We could all do with a bit of change in our lives. Good luck xxx

 
Designed by Lena