I have 43 days to go till due date and another 23 days of work left... if all goes according to plan.
Had a chat with my friend Catherine who is due on the 21st August, yesterday. She is taking strain, the birth of her baby boy is almost here, and I who have over a month to go also feel like I could go into labour any minute, that is how uncomfortable I am. We had a long discussion on how do you know if you are in labour, both of our waters broke so that was the sign, that something was going to happen soonish... but if it doesnt happen that way and you start having contractions, how do you know when it is the real deal? Yes we have all read the books count from the first contraction to the next contraction, braxton hicks aren't as severe blah blah blah... but it would still be reassuring to know that THIS IS IT. I said to her surely with all the gimmicky things on the market someone would have invented some sort of gadget to let you know whether you are in labour. I mean you can listen to your baby's heartbeat with a gadget, theres the Itzbeen gadget that tells you when you changed your baby's nappy last / breast fed etc? So why not any gadget to let you know, ok its started :-)
I suppose we will get there one day, someone will invent it if it isnt in the process already.
I wont gross you out with a pic of my tummy but it is HUGE (and if another person at work asks me are you sure it isnt Twins? I am going to explode!) she is all forward as they say you are with girls... but I am seriously uncomfortable, everything hurts back, hips, fingers are starting to swell and am breathless all the time. I went to the shops yesterday to get some stuff for my hospital bag and after 15 min of walking said to Clive "Please lets go I cant walk anymore" .... so we will see how things go ... my next appointment is on the 17th so we will know more then.... still a bit early for her to arrive so hold thumbs that she stays put for now.
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


3 comments:
The memories of being pregnant with Adrienne is coming back to me... I remember my gynae telling me when I got to 30 weeks that the last 10 weeks feel as long as the first 30 weeks.
Not long to go......Thank goodness Hannah arrives before the heat of summer.....Denise xxxx
shame. Hang in there. The last stretch is tough!
But soon she will be here and in your arms!
good luck for these last few weeks.
x
Take it as easy as possible hunny
V x
Post a Comment