I hope this post does not sound like a 'woe is me post' ..... I just thought I would put "pen" to "paper" about how crazy life is at the moment here in lammerland.
Firstly I am really really enjoying my job, secondly it is really really hard being away from my kids, and thirdly it is very stressful to be studying 3 times a week in the evenings, more so because I am tired, and because of the guilt that I should / that I want to be with my children. But...I am enjoying learning, I am enjoying using my brain ... something more than bottle washing / formula making /nappy changing etc, which after a while with 2 kids so close together starts to become monotonous and I can do all that hands down. So it is nice for my brain to be stretched with something 'new'. It is InDesign CS4 - now theoretically I should also do the other 2 packages : Photoshop and Illustrator but dont think I will be able to justify that to my company, though we will see ;-) I am halfway through the studies and I can just about ...slowly ..(until I get to practice) can do a basic magazine layout quite easily with some effects, I now look at magazines in a whole new light. Saying 'aah so thats how they did that', I can do that!
It is a long day though when I have to go straight from work, through to town to start and then get home around 9ish - the kids are sleeping and my heart aches that I didnt get to kiss them goodnight.....
Hannah is nearing the 8 month mark....time is going super super fast, I dont know if it is because our pace of life is fast at the moment, I mean I hardly get to see friends, and to try and fit in family and have our own time, takes up weekends faster than you can say "Monday". I try hard to 'BE' in the 'MOMENT' it is easy to do things and not give them your absolute attention ...100%. Us moms are so good at multi-tasking ...but sometimes we need to "uno-task" (thats my word I just made up.) Stop trying to peel the potatoes, put the kettle on for bottles, gather the washing, and look at how your child is doing a puzzle. One thing at a time... easier said than done, but it is important...sit and do the puzzle with him, the 15 minutes of one on one time is more important than any start of supper ...ok well if your 8 month baby is screaming for her bottle, I recommend making her bottle first then sitting with the puzzle, but you get the gist of what I am saying. Try it it takes a concious effort, we are living in a time that is fast...faster...faster than before, do more, balance more. It cannot be done without compromising of something. Keep it simple, and focus on it.
Joshua is my superstar, he really is, I am getting a lot of tempremental two attitude, but that naughty mat is working well and automatically get a sorry mum and a kiss afterward. I actually bought a "Stop Sign" mat from Mr Price Kids and this is his naughty mat..Stop being naughty...lol. Other than that he just amazes me at how much he is learning he knows several songs by heart already and sings them to himself, he counts to ten, he understands things, he builds houses with wooden blocks so well...with the roof on top and a garage! I need to get my A into G though with thinking of where to send him to school as apparently there are waiting lists everywhere....I dont even want to think about it to be honest, I want to be an ostrich ... school that is just so out there...homework starts .... not wanting to kiss your mum goodbye in front of your friends, dating.....SLOW DOWN..nope not thinking about it yet.
Sorry no pics, having a problem uploading will try again tomorrow...night night this mommy is tired and needs to get some rest as Monday night is study night and have a busy day at work tomorrow.
xxxxxx
Level-Up Your Sundays With Café Caprice This Winter
16 hours ago


2 comments:
Good Post Nicci. I am glad you are enjoying getting your brain stimulated. I think it is something all of us moms feel as we get older and bored of the main dane day to day activities. I understand how you must miss your kids but it is at least a temporary situation and I am sure you are a better mom for it. It is hard to be in the moment, but agree that is what we should strive for. much love and all the best for the rest of the course and if you can, definately try and learn photoshop!
You are what is known as a 'mommy hero'. Know that!
Post a Comment