Wednesday, July 29, 2009


Well at 31 weeks here she is although I will be 32 weeks this week I think. Gosh time is flying. The top picture is a picture of her feet, I keep getting feet pictures! The bottom is one of her sort of lying face down and if you look very carefully on the right at the top you can actually see hair, it looks like tufts of grass! She has loads apparently. I have never been a believer really in the old wives tale that lots of hair gives you heartburn as I thought Josh had lots of hair and never suffered it with him, but with this baby have had quite bad heartburn and having never been a suffer of it, it really sucks!
She has moved head down - YAY - for now though has been moving so much who knows where she is now. So my gynae Marie was happy that she had moved from transverse to head down as provided she stays there they do not need to turn her. Hannah is 2.12kg already and I have about 8 weeks of pregnancy or so left, although I take these weights from these machines with a pinch of salt as Josh was supposed to be ginormous over 4kg and he was born 3.67. so there is a variance on the machines of about 15%. Hannah has long legs apparently so am now getting excited to see how she looks in her own right, I feel so bad that I have not revelled much in this pregnancy as much as I did with Josh, but it is just not the same when you have a toddler to look after already. I am hoping that I get a few days alone at home before she decides to make an appearance - to bond a bit with her in my tummy. I am hoping to finish up with work on the 10th September which doesnt leave me with much time but need to work as long as possible in order to get some income in. My gynae says that there is a good chance that she will come a week or so early like Josh, especially since she is a good weight. I just hope my gynae is around for it this time!
I have decided to go for a butterfly themed nursery with pinks and whites - but have not had much of a chance to do anything about it, except I have bought a beautiful white cot duvet and pillow set with butterflies on it, so need to try sort the rest of nursery out and then sort Josh's room out for him too so he doesnt feel left out. Also need to hunt for a present for him from the 'baby' I think that this is a nice gesture and would like it to be something special so any ideas would be appreciated.
And that is all for now, as my countdown gets nearer and nearer and I am getting bigger and bigger, September is around the corner. I can say I am looking foward to being on Maternity Leave in spring and being able to go for walks etc, and revel in the sunshine!

Before I forget, a big Congrats to purple ronnie on the news of her pregnancy! Amazing news, a truly amazing blessing from God! Falling pregnant naturally after having to have fertility treatment previously is truly a blessing, wishing you much happiness with this new addition to the family, it seems the pregnancy bug is in the air again...beware :-) I already know of someone else preggers....so it is definitely in the air - but my lips are sealed for now!

xxxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

spill the beans cow!!!!!!!!!!!! Denise xx

Wendy said...

no fair do tell!!!
Looks like everything is on track for hannah. the nursery sounds fabulous cant wait to see it and little hannah. I hd no heartburn and lily had more hair than most 2 year olds when she was born so I think its all so hit and miss. I bet she will have all this dark hair.
what about something like a train set for Joshua from Hannah. lots of fun to have and build with dad
xxLots of love

Pia said...

Hey! no fair keeping secrets!!!

I love the butterfly theme!! Enjoy the last few weeks of this pregnancy and enjoy josh while he is still an only child!

Also think it is a great idea to give him a gift from the baby1

x

Sue said...

OK, so it's not Wendy or Pia then! Suspense...

Great update, I'm so pleased for you that Hannah's decided to turn and that you don't have to resort to shining a torch up your nether regions!!

I also love the idea of the older sibling geting a gift from the new addition, it was one I'd intended to use. Has Josh got one of those black motorbike jobs yet? Those are always a winner. Ummm... not sure what else to suggest.

Good luck with all the planning and preparations over the next few weeks, I'm sure it's all going to go smoothly from here!!

Sue XXX

Anonymous said...

Enjoy what is left of your pregnancy and try and spend some time one on one with Josh, before Hannah comes. I bought small things from the baby for Amy which a loosely wrapped in paper and placed in a bag in Nina's room (a bouncy ball, some sweeties, some small farm animals, a little book etc). When I was feeding Nina, Amy was allowed to take a pressie and play with it. I think it helped but must say the whole adjusting thing wasn't as hard as people made me fear it would be. Just include Josh in everything baby related, so that he doesn't feel left out, and he'll be fine. xxx

 
Designed by Lena